Saturday, July 7, 2012

Eating Right... The Practical Way..

!!!!EMERGENCY POST!!!!
I know I promised you guys a post about winter clothes and that is coming tonight or tomorrow (so u get a 2 for 1... YAYY!!). But, I just had to share this meal with you guys ASAP!!

I keep having the same battle------> Eat Healthy vs. Pig Out and Suffer the Consequences Later!

The latter one has been winning a lot lately.  And why??? The same excuse almost EVERYBODY has. NO TIME!

Well I've finally put my foot down and said "ENOUGH is ENOUGH!"

I said there must be a way to eat healthy without having to bake for hours, broil for days, or pay a foot and a hand for pre-packaged food.

This meal took a total of 15 minutes to prepare and filled me and the family up until dinner time!

-BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich-
I took one boneless skinless chicken breast and cut it into two.

I then cut it into fours.

I seasoned the chicken breast and placed it on my George Foreman Grill.  I grilled them for 7 minutes total. Flipping them once.


I cut the chicken into chunks and then I proceeded to cut the into smaller pieces (Shred-like pieces).
While the chicken was on the George Foreman Grill, I combined BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and other seasonings and let it simmer on the stove.

After I cut the chicken, I combined it with the BBQ sauce.  I let it simmer for about a minute.
As the chicken simmered, I cut fruit and put them in a cup and put a tablespoon of whipped cream on top.  (If the little cup looks familiar, all I did was cut the bottom of a water bottle and place the fruit in there because I HATE using multiple plates.)


I pair my chicken sandwich and fruit cup with a quick salad... and BON APPETITE!

This was quick, easy, and absolutely DELICIOUS!!! Even the kids enjoyed it!
This and Pinterest really has me motivated to eat healthy!



I hope you try this!!

Luv ya... BYE :-)

 
Next Post: Winter Clothes

Later This Week:  Grocery Shop for a family of four for two weeks for $100!


No comments:

Post a Comment